On the 82nd episode of the Silver Bullet Security Podcast, Gary talks with Kevin Fu, Associate Professor in the EECS Department at the University of Michigan. Gary and Kevin discuss finding advisors and picking a grad school, the security implications of embedded medical devices, malware in hospital systems, the consumer trend toward analyzing one’s own health data, and the difficulty of teaching design analysis to other humans. They close out the episode discussing lobster bisque.
- Kevin Fu and Grant Schoenebeck Join the Faculty of CSE @ Michigan
- The Bob and Betty Beyster Bubbler
- Medical Device Security Center blog
- Health-care sector vulnerable to hackers, researchers say, Washington Post.
- FDA Software Patch Poster
- Hugo Campos fights to get his defibrillator data