Show 072 – An Interview with Randy Sabett
On the 72nd episode of The Silver Bullet Security Podcast, Gary talks with Randy Sabett, a lawyer with the ZwillGen cyber-law firm in Washington, DC. Gary and Randy discuss Microsoft’s Zeus Botnet raid, alleged AT&T/NSA wiretapping, whether cyberlaw is full of loopholes, and if security always trades off against privacy and anonymity. They close out their discussion discussing the book Randy is currently reading.
- Randy V. Sabett
- Microsoft and Financial Services Industry Leaders Target Cybercriminal Operations from Zeus Botnets, The Official Microsoft Blog.
- Microsoft Raids Tackle Internet Crime, The New York Times.
- Court Upholds 5th Amendment-based Refusal to Decrypt Hard Drive
- Separating the Threat from the Hype: What Washington Needs to Know About Cyber Security in AMERICA’S CYBER FUTURE: SECURITY AND PROSPERITY IN THE INFORMATION AGE VOLUMES I AND II, Center for a New Amercian Security (June 2011).
- The Cuckoo’s Egg by Clifford Stoll
- Fram oil filter commercial
- Is time running out on the billable hour?
- The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil