Show 039 – An Interview with Matt Blaze
For the 39th episode of The Silver Bullet Security Podcast, Gary chats with Matt Blaze, Associate Professor of Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania. Gary and Matt start the show off discussing the Obama administration’s “cyber coordinator” plan and the large number of cyber plans that are never cyber realized. They also discuss key escrow, warrantless wiretapping, the responsibility we have to stay engaged with issues surrounding individual liberty and privacy, and the similarities between physical locks and computer security. Matt’s musical tastes are also briefly touched on.
- Matt Blaze
- Matt Blaze – Wikipedia
- Matt Blaze’s Exhaustive Search – Matt’s blog
- Safecracking, Secrecy and Science
- Cryptology and Physical Security: Rights Amplification in Master-Keyed Mechanical Locks – IEEE Security & Privacy, March/April 2003
- RSA panel on Surveillance
- Silver Bullet 11: Dorothy Denning
- Trust Management
- Signaling Vulnerabilities in Wiretapping Systems – IEEE Security & Privacy, November/December 2005, by M. Sherr, E. Cronin, S. Clark and M. Blaze.
- Eno/Byrne: Everything That Happens Will Happen Today