Show 013 – An Interview with Ross Anderson
On the 13th episode of The Silver Bullet Security Podcast, Gary chats with Ross Anderson, Professor of Security Engineering at the Computer Laboratory at Cambridge University and author of the book Security Engineering. Gary and Ross discuss the effect of posting his excellent book on the net for free, the simple reasons why most systems fail, the economic imbalance between engineers/developers and a system’s users (with respect to who should address security), and why publicly describing attacks is essential to security engineering. They close out by examining the security implications of wearing a kilt.
- Transcript of this episode [PDF]
- Ross Anderson
- Light Blue Touchpaper – A security blog by Cambridge computer scientists.
- Security Engineering – Ross’ groundbreaking book in print and online
- WEIS 2007 – Sixth Workshop on the Economics of Information Security
- RFID and the Middleman [PDF]
- The Clan Anderson Society
- Ross playing the bagpipes