Show 006 – An Interview with Michael Howard
The sixth episode of the show features an interview with Michael Howard, the Senior Security Program Manager of Microsoft’s Security Technology Unit. Michael has been at Microsoft since 1992 and discusses what it has been like watching the company come to grips with software security. Michael continues to play a key roll in implementing the Trustworthy Computing Initiative at Microsoft. Gary and Michael also discuss the security features of Windows Vista and Michael’s recommendations for the two most important best practices when developing secure software. Listen for a startling revelation about Michael’s choice of a “desert island book.”
- Michael Howard’s blog
- Writing Secure Code by Michael Howard
- Wikipedia: Defense in Depth
- Microsoft’s Trustworthy Computing Security Development Lifecycle
- Matt Bishop’s computer security books – These would go with Michael to a desert island.
- Michael Howard – but not the one Gary interviewed.